Today’s modern lifestyle separates us from the benefits of contact with the Earths surface. This disconnect and unconscious way of living can contribute to a range of adverse health conditions.
With this, there has been a significant increase in disease and illness attributed to environmental factors including insomnia, anxiety and mood disorders, chronic and inflammatory dis-ease.
Studies have shown that grounding, or Earthing, causes the body to become equalized to the electrical current of the Earth via electron transfer.
As the Earth is a conductor of electrical current, so too is the human body.
When an electrical cable is grounded to an earth, there is little to no interference. This rings true for humans. We are essentially walking and talking bio-electrical energetic forces of nature designed to interact with the Earth.
When we re-connect with nature, health and well-being improvements can be made.
Grounding can have immense effects on the human body including:
• Reduced stress, anxiety and depression
• Better sleep
• Cortisol secretion regulation
• Reduced pain and inflammation
• Improved immune function
• Improved respiration, blood flow and circulation
• Improved metabolic rate and metabolic disorders
• Neutralization of free radicals
5 Steps to Grounding
1. Remove shoes and socks
2. Go outside and sit in the grass
3. Place your feet flat on the ground and sit, quietly, with your eyes closed
4. Breathe slowly and purposefully
5. Do this for 5-10 minutes a day
It is a good idea to try and do this every day. Slowly increase the length of time to 30-40 minutes a day.
Where possible, go to the beach and walk in the shallows of the water or just sit in the sand at the waters edge. Go for walks in the wilderness or a nature reserve where you can walk amongst the trees and plants, touching the leaves and listening to the quiet sounds of nature.
Photo: Vaga Nutrition